Any trip to the Asia Pacific region would be incomplete if you are not visiting Singapore. This island micro nation at the southern tip Malaysian Peninsula is a heaven on earth. Once a small fishing locality, Singapore today has grown in to a spectacular city with numerous tourist attractions. Despite being just a small city nation, it has a lot to offer for every kind of tourists.
The important places to visit in Singapore are listed below. With proper planning, you can visit most of them in a weekend.
- Orchard Road: This road is famous for designer brands and high end apparels like Chanel or LV. You will get an unmatched shopping experience when you visit this place.
- Chinatown: Chinatown heritage center is one of the most popular places in Singapore, this high energy place is reminiscent of late 19th century China and gives a true glimpse of the culture of Singapore.
- Geylang: If you are a connoisseur of good food then you won’t get a better place than this. Geylang is filled with the best eateries of the world. You get great Chinese, Malay, Indian and Thai food in the restaurants in Geylang.
- Singapore Botanic Gardens: This botanical garden also features the National Orchid Garden with thousands of beautiful orchids. This place is truly romantic, and ideal place to take your better-half; and there are food courts nearby too.
- Haji Lane: This is for the fashionistas, you get great and unique clothing, jewelry and interiors.
- The Singapore Flyer: This is the world’s largest observation wheel. Get to enjoy the stunning view of the entire city in this observation wheel, the sight is stunning especially during the nights.
- The Hindu Temples: If you like the Hindu archetecture, especially the South Indian temples, then you have several Shiva and Murugan temples in Singapore. Some of these temples are over 150 years old and are well managed.
- Jurong Birdpark: This park hosts over 8000 birds, belonging to over 600 different species. The flamingos in the park are famous around the world, as you can witness thousands of them moving in flocks.
- Theatres Next to Beach: This is relatively new and has become quite popular now. This was actually build to rival the Syndey Opera House, and features several theatres, party halls and concert halls. This Esplanade showcases great talents from different parts of the globe.
However if you want to have a perfect trip to Singapore you have to choose the right hotel to stay. There are some good Cheap Hotels in Singapore that are ideally located. You can visit all major tourist spots if you get the location of your hotel right.